Ranked #3 by Fast Company on their list of "The World's Most Innovative Companies" in sports, Arccos is the global leader in golf data and Artificial Intelligence. Through a long-term technology partnership with Microsoft, we're revolutionizing the golfing experience by delivering actionable insights that help golfers, and businesses in golf, make smarter decisions to optimize performance.
We value initiative, experience, creativity, problem solving and a passion to learn new technologies (and a love of golf). We are looking for a Backend Engineer with a passion for technology to be a key member of the Arccos team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or similar field.
- AWS certification highly desired (e.g. in areas of cloud architecture, DevOps, and security).
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in systems engineering in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Node.JS and Python.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working with relational database design and architecture.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience working with queues, topics and a micro-service design pattern.
- Experience with AWS cloud services (compute, RDS, ML).
- Experience with Docker containers and the principles of Containerization.
- Experience with .NET CORE and Azure a plus.
- Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins and CloudFormation / Terraform.
- Experience working with Agile and RAD methodologies.
- Experience in production support, availability monitoring and administration in a 24x7 production environment required.
- Practical working knowledge of AWS cloud storage options and storage and disk array technologies, including RAID, SAN, and NAS.
Who You Are
- Golf knowledge a strong plus; sports industry experience a plus.
- Innovation through continuing education is a passion and a hobby.
- Problem solving abilities, with the ability to “think outside the box” to devise operational solutions to complex technical problems.
- A self-starter able to administer a number of open, ongoing assignments at any one time, where some assignments are routinely unstructured, requiring autonomy and independent judgment.
- A passion for creating quality solutions that are easy to deploy and support, combined with the ability and desire to provide operational support.
- Ability to clearly articulate a position with sound logic, supporting empirical evidence, and impartiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Golf reimbursements
- Being part of an awesome team
If this sounds like a fit for you, please email your CV or resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arccos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.