Named one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies 2018" by Fast Company, Arccos is the global leader in golf data and Artificial Intelligence. Through a long-term technology partnership with Microsoft, we're revolutionizing the golfing experience by delivering actionable insights that help golfers and businesses make smarter decisions to optimize performance.
We value creativity, problem solving and a passion to learn new technologies (and a love of golf). We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team and build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world plays golf.
What You’ll Do
- Be a technical leader on the team
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Write unit tests
- Collaborate with QA Team to resolve any issues
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Make sure production APIs are always up and healthy
Be responsible for scaling and monitoring our infrastructure on AWS
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems
Who You Are
- An experienced technical leader with 5+ years experience in backend engineering
- Possess a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- Have extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Have experience with setting up Jenkins Multi-branch pipelines
- Have experience with Node.js and Python
- Have an in-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Dynamo DB)
- Have familiarity with Linux
- Have an in-depth Knowledge of AWS Services including, but not limited to: Cloudformation (or Terraform), EC2, ECS, RDS (Aurora), S3, IAM, SNS, and SQS
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Have a love for golf or a willingness to love the game
- Have a sense of humor
and in a perfect world...
- Experience with data warehouse architectures
- Have created and maintained a scalable and reliable data pipeline architecture
- Have built tools that leverage data into actionable insights to improve user experiences, operational efficiency and business performance
- Have continuously improved data operations: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Have worked closely with stakeholders (including the Executive, Product, Engineering and Analytics teams) to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Have created large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Golf Reimbursements
- An awesome team to be a part of
If this sounds like a fit for you, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way golf is played. Arccos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.