Named one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies 2018" by Fast Company, Arccos is the pioneer of big data and Artificial Intelligence for golf.
Through long-term partnerships with Microsoft, Cobra Puma Golf, PING and Dick’s Sporting Goods, Arccos is revolutionizing the golfing experience by automatically capturing on-course data and delivering insights that help golfers and golf businesses optimize performance.
The Design Director’s role will focus on UI/UX for mobile apps, while also playing a key part in development of marketing assets, product packaging and other creative initiatives that help Arccos maintain its best-in-class positioning.
Interfacing directly with Arccos’ CEO and heads of product, marketing and sales, the ideal Design Director will be a passionate golfer with boundless creativity who loves working in a friendly, fast-paced, start-up environment.
This is the ideal position for a talented creative with outstanding UI/UX experience who is keen to take on a larger role with an award-winning, fast-growing global brand.
- Shape Arccos’ creative brand vision across all platforms, including mobile (iOS & Android), web, packaging, point of sale and experiences
- Oversee all aspects of the creative process, including designing stunning user experiences across mobile and web, building powerful data visualizations, developing digital marketing assets, crafting partner presentations and more
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into beautiful and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Produce engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process
- Translate wireframes and experiences into highly-polished visual composites with attention to interaction design while adhering to brand guidelines
- Build high-fidelity mockups and work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions
- Direct internal team members and external agencies in the creation of copy, video assets and other branded content
- 8+ years graphic design and user interface experience, including managing staff and external agencies
- Superb portfolio of visually consistent and relevant design work
- Demonstrable passion for golf
- A proven track record of user interface design across several products, and taking marketing/advertising campaigns from vision to execution
- Fondness for cross-functional collaboration with team members of all levels and backgrounds
- Skills to take the product’s mission, user research and analytics data and translate into clear, simple UIs
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight timelines
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe CS and other design tools
- Experience with iOS & Android
- Background working in start-up environment is a plus
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
What Arccos Offers
- Opportunity to positively impact the on-course performance and experiences of millions of golfers worldwide
- Ability to develop within the company and play a key role in shaping our growth strategy
- Competitive Salary
- Equity opportunities
- Generous paid time-off program
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Golf subsidies
- Stamford, CT. USA (Cannot be remote)
How to Apply
- E-mail your cover letter, CV and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls please
Arccos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.