Ranked #3 by Fast Company on their list of "The World's Most Innovative Companies" in sports, Arccos is the global leader in golf data and Artificial Intelligence. Through a long-term technology partnership with Microsoft, we're revolutionizing the golfing experience by delivering actionable insights that help golfers, and businesses in golf, make smarter decisions to optimize performance.
We value initiative, experience, creativity, problem solving and a passion to learn new technologies (and a love of golf). We’re looking for a seasoned VP of Software Engineering with a passion for technology to lead the software team at Arccos Golf. You will report to the President & COO and be responsible for native iOS, Android and web app development, backend engineering, and IT. You will also work closely with the CEO & Co-Founder to execute on the product vision and market requirements.
- 15+ years of technology-related experience and 6+ years of experience in a software engineering leadership role.
- Deep understanding of native app development, and front-end and back-end technologies.
- The ability to build and foster a culture where the best ideas win, even when they are not yours.
- Experience scaling engineering teams that balance rapid innovation and sustainable systems.
- A craftsman's pride in the code your teams put out. You value quality over quantity, but you are not a zealot or perfectionist - ultimately the code must meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent communication with developers and other technical staff. Team members must feel confident that you understand the technical challenges and can make good technical decisions.
- Excellent communication with peers and stakeholders. You are transparent and data-driven, and you know how to give good news, bad news and listen.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes and process design.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal communication skills to demonstrate thought leadership, promote guidelines/standards, establish oversight controls, facilitate solution design review among cross-functional stakeholder groups, establish buy-in, build consensus, surface key requirements, mentor associates and drive change.
- Be the voice and champion of Arccos software technology.
- Maintain and develop an engaged, collaborative, creative and multidisciplinary software team that focuses on quality and velocity.
- Partner with the VP of Product to manage and prioritize projects and requirements, provide estimates and innovative technical solutions, and provide ongoing communication through project execution.
- Support adjacent teams like Product and Analytics to ensure their needs are well-supported by our technology and tools.
- Provide strategic input as part of a highly engaged executive team. You are collaborative, yet not afraid of spirited, respectful debate. You can also enthusiastically support the team when ideas different from yours are chosen.
- Champion best practices for our technical team on development process, documentation, coding, error handling, testing, product quality, system performance, maintenance and support.
- Commit to a roughly 70/30 split between management and coding. You'll be expected to help your team not only at a technical level and through code reviews, but to advance their careers and streamline their environment.
- Coach and mentor the software team, leading by example with our team values. Hold regular 1-on-1 meetings with each member of the team, conduct performance evaluations, and promote career development.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Golf reimbursements
- An awesome team to be a part of
If this sounds like a fit for you, please email your CV or resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arccos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.